This page contains links to data from other sources. We try to keep the links updated as much as possible, but they are outside the TU Delft domain, so they may be changed in the mean time.
The following sections are available:
A nice website with online ocean currents, temperature and waves is http://earth.nullschool.net. . To get themenu, click on the word "earth". You may select "air" and "ocean" to swith from air temperature and current (i.e. wind) and ocean temperature and current. In the option "air", you may select the altitude of the wind you want to see. Data are nearly real time.
Wave data in general:
Data from Rijkswaterstaat (general info):
(mainly water quality data, like chemical substances, but also Significant Wave Height, Temperature, Water Height; scroll down in the "please select an observation...." box). But much more is available by manipulation the search header. See detailed explanation.
A alternative website for downloding previously observed data from SW-Netherlands (hydro-meteo centre Zeeland) exist:
- go to the website
- agree, and click on "verstuur"
- fill in Naam (your name), Plaats (your city), category and e-mail address
- select parameter and year (waterstanden=waterlevels, golven=waves, zoutboven (salinity surface), zoutonder (salinity bottom) and press "opvragen" (by clicking on the parameter name you get a description of the parameters delivered)
- select a station from the map
- Required boundary conditions (randvoorwaardenboek) HR 2001 - HR2006
- Design values for the Netherlands can be found via waternormalen
The royal Dutch meteorological Institute (KNMI) has a database with climatic information, eg. wind data, temperature, air presure, precipiation, etc.
The website "Meetnet Vlaamse Banken" provides information along the Belgian coastline. On-line the actual data are available. Previously observed data are available via the website kustdata.be (but you need a password, you may request this via: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The site Hydro Meteo Atlas provides processed data for several locations.