The main repositories with relevant reports are:
- TU Delft Research repository - contains all research reports (Dissertations, internal and external research reports and many other publication) of TU Delft and other organisations. It contains a collection with hydraulic engineering reports.
- TU Delft Education repository - contains reports written by students (BSc and MSc theses, multidisciplinary project reports).
- TU Delft Cultural Heritage repository - contains historical documents (like old books series from the Architecture faculty, drawings form chemical processes, colonial architecture). This repository is still under development; later also the TU Delft image gallery and old maps will be included
- Advanced help to search the TU Delft repository
- Hydrotheek - contains mainly Dutch reports on water issues, focus on water management and water quality. This repository is maintained by Wageningen University on behalf of STOWA
- Digital library of the US Army Corps of Engineers:
- Publications of the Coastal and hydraulics lab
- Delft Hydraulics Publications (link to Deltares server) ( old WL-Delft publications on TU Delft server)
Publications and reports of the department of
These lists contain both publications of all sections of the department:
This page gives an overview of all Ph.D.-theses issues by the department. A search can be performed by promotor, by year or by promovendus. (Note: via this link you will also get a list of professors of our department)
This page gives an overview of all recent M.Sc.-theses (from 1996 onwards) by students of the department. A full list of theses before 1996 is available; the older theses are available on request.
Old versions of lecture notes. For the presently used notes is referred to Blackboard)
- Master Project Reports
During the master study a group of 4 - 6 students has to solve a practical (and real) problem for a client in two months. The work should start with a problem definition and end with a final consultancy report to the client. The students should use hands-on state-or-the art technology for their design. Some of these reports are placed in the repository. Many reports om a map can be found using the Geolocator.
on Hydraulic and Geotechnical Engineering (1985-present)
In the first years mainly research reports were published, in the later years the main focus was republishing Ph.D.-theses from this Department. The function of the paper version of the Communications was to disseminate information mainly to other libraries and research institutes. At this moment this series is mainly used to disseminate background information related to other publications (e.g. data reports with data underlying journal papers and Ph.D. theses).
on Hydraulic Engineering
Research documents from 1970-1985
Internal reports and reports for third parties, not published in the "Communications".
- Books and special publications:
- Data center
The datacenter contains data files with data used in Ph.D reports, M.Sc. reports and other investigations. The datacenter also contains software developed in this framework
Reports from the archive of the Laboratory of Fluid mechanics. These reports are temporarily only accessible for TU Delft staff and students. As soon as possible they will be uploaded to the repository, then they are accessible for everyone.
- Publications of individual (full-time permanent) department staff:
- Stefan Aarninkhof
- Judith Bosboom (only publication uploaded to the repository)
- Jarit de Gijt (only publication uploaded to the repository)
- Bas Jonkman
- Wilfred Molenaar (only publications uploaded to the repository)
- Ad Reniers (only publication uploaded to the repository)
- Marcel Stive
- Wim Uijttewaal (only publication uploaded to the repository)
- Henk Jan Verhagen
- Marcel Zijlema (only publication uploaded to the repository)
- Tjerk Zitman (only publication uploaded to the repository)
Note that (part of) the publications can also be found via the location of the project. For search of publication via their location (using Google Earth maps) go to http://geolocator.tudelft.nl
Repository of Hydraulic Engineering reports (DIgitale Rapporten Kast, DiRK-Hydro) - (info for advanced use)This repository contains many reports on hydraulic engineering, not issued by TU Delft. The reports are mainly issued by or on behalf of Rijkswaterstaat, other public authorities or issued in the framework of European projects. The repository can be accessed via the scientific report section of http://repository.tudelft.nl.
Direct access is possible via
- the list of publishers (like Rijkswaterstaat-DWW, University of Braunschweig, Stowa, Delft Hydraulics, Royal Haskoning)
- the list of projects (like ComCoast, Clash, TAW/ENW, Steenzettingen, Asfaltbekledingen)
- the list of logical classifications (like block revetments, asphalt, wave spectra, dune erosion)
Direct access to some important clusters of reports:
- Rijkswaterstaat Communications
- Publicaties van TAW en ENW (including English Translations)
- Reports produced by various departments of Rijkswaterstaat (RWS)
- The Krystian Pilarczyk Collection
The collection of reports on bituminous
- State commissions related to important decisions regarding
Hydraulic works in the Netherlands
- Report Commissie Lorentz (1926)
(waterstanden na aflsuiting Zuiderzee)
- Reports Deltacommissie 1961
- Report Commissie Becht (1977) (commissie rivierdijken)
- Report Commissie Klaasesz (1973, Oosterschelde decision)
- Nota Oosterschelde (1973) - Analyse Alternatieven (1976) - Vooronderzoek svk Oosterschelde (1984) - Ontwerpnota svk Oosterschelde
- Reports Boertiencommissie 1993 (toetsing uitgansgspunten rivierdijkversterkingen)
- Report Deltacommissie 2008 (achtergrondrapporten)
- Report Commissie Lorentz (1926) (waterstanden na aflsuiting Zuiderzee)
- Reports on storm surges (mainly from the Netherlands) - (link to direct search from the DiRK)
- Publicaties van Stowa
- CUR reports:
- private collection of reprints on hydraulic engineering topics (these are reprints from Dutch and foreign magzines, journals and newspapers)
- Deltares publcations
Reference works from other sources (partly mirrored in this repository)
- Design Manuals - Rock Manual, Coastal Engineering Manual, Overtopping Manual, etc.
- Publications from the Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau
Full text versions of reports of some European projects in hydraulic Engineering:
A European Interreg project (2004-2008; Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, UK)) with focus on multifunctional use of coastal protection, with a special focus on the mitigation of sea level rise. The project studies the transition from a single line of sea defence to a multifunctional zone.
FLOODsite is an “Integrated Project” in the Global Change and Ecosystems priority of the Sixth Framework Programme of the European Commission. It commenced in 2004 and runs to 2009. The FLOODsite consortium includes 37 of Europe’s leading institutes and universities and the project involves managers, researchers and practitioners from a range of government, commercial and research organisations, specialising in aspects of flood risk management.
- See also in the project list of the Repository (open the tag "European Projects")
Books and reports (CiTG NetID and password required)
- interesting articles from magazines, not available as digital journals
- CIRIA Books
- PIANC reports
- Some other books
Conference proceedings (CiTG NetID and password required)
- Conference Proceedings in hydraulic engineering
The Maarten W. Dingemans memorial library
This library contains a collection of approx. 700 books (printed, not digital) and is available near room 2.94 of the main building. For more information and a catalogue, use this link.